Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: using pwd in an if statement

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: using pwd in an if statement
Date   Tue, 16 May 2006 19:43:54 -0400

No need:

If I am in a directory, say C:data\scholar\Hannah, and I type

-cd Hannah-

I get an error message, as one might expect.

I am just learning to use .do files for the bulk of my analyses and data
manipulations, a la Svend Juul's great book.  I usually try to -cd- to
the relevant project directory somewhere near the begining of a .do
file, then open the data file.

But if I am *already in* that directory when I run the .do file, Stata
gives the same sort of error:

cd Hannah
unable to change to Hannah
end of do-file