Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu

From   peter harper <pharper11@yahoo.co.uk>
To   undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject   st: To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Date   Sat, 6 May 2006 14:53:13 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Statalist

This is a small question. I want to include to the crosssection dataset I am using now, which is a management questionnaire which has crosssection data on all firms with 10 or more employees with an employee survey of the same dataset, but in the employee survey they have only included 25 employee at random from each workplace.
Can I confirm, is the command (note, firmid and nameofsecondfile are not the precise command)

. merge firmid using nameofsecondfile

But how do I obtain the firmid please.

Thanks