Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: predicted fixed effects at mean of other vars

From   "Amit Nigam" <>
Subject   st: predicted fixed effects at mean of other vars
Date   Sat, 06 May 2006 12:41:28 -0400

Dear netters,
I am interested in looking at the coefficient of variation of the fixed
effects from a linear probability model. I have a very large dataset - and
the variable of intertest has about 200 categories. I would like to
calculate the predicted outcome for each fixed effect category at the mean
of all of the other variables. I had been using areg - and can look at the
standard deviation of the coefficients - but do not know how to calculate
predicted values at the mean of the other variables.

Amit Nigam
O&M Faculty
Goizueta Business School
Emory University