Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Reading Statalist efficiently

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   Re: st: Reading Statalist efficiently
Date   Fri, 5 May 2006 20:41:40 -0500

On May 5, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Joly, Patrick: IASSB wrote:
Like Nick, sorting by subject line is the closest way I have found to arrive at some ability to sort by thread. (I use Outlook 2003 on Windows, and Kontact on MandrivaLinux.)

I haven't used Outlook myself, but in an earlier posting in this thread, David Harrison said:

MS Outlook 2003 can also do threading (although it calls it "Arrange by conversation" just to make it harder to find).

WRT Kontact, I assume what you mean is that you use KMail (Kontact's mail component). I know that KMail has a nice threading implementation, using the In-Reply-To and References headers when available, and when not, defaulting to the subject headers.

-- Phil

* For searches and help try: