From   Óscar Lourenço <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Writing parameter estimates to a file
Date   Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:28:52 +0100

In my opinion you may use the command

svmat double <parameter vector name>

This saves your parameter vector into your stata dataset. Afterwards, you
will have to perform a couple of further steps (commands) to have your
parameters in an excel or ascii file.

Hope this can help

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of SamL
Sent: sábado, 29 de Abril de 2006 18:04
To: Stata Listserve
Subject: st: Writing parameter estimates to a file

I want to use stata to estimate a model to obtain starting values for a
model that cannot yet be estimated in stata.  Thus, I want to write the
parameters (only) to a file that I can then read into a single-purpose
package that can estimate the model I am trying to estimate.  I have
checked the manual and the statalist archive but I have yet to find how I
might save the parameter estimates into a file.  I am using stata8.2.

I imagine there might be something like:

save e(b) /path/for/the/file/filename.ext
matrix save e(b) /path/for/the/file/filename.ext

but I have not found any such thing.  Any assistance is greatly