Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Writing parameter estimates to a file

From   SamL <>
To   Stata Listserve <>
Subject   st: Writing parameter estimates to a file
Date   Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

I want to use stata to estimate a model to obtain starting values for a
model that cannot yet be estimated in stata.  Thus, I want to write the
parameters (only) to a file that I can then read into a single-purpose
package that can estimate the model I am trying to estimate.  I have
checked the manual and the statalist archive but I have yet to find how I
might save the parameter estimates into a file.  I am using stata8.2.

I imagine there might be something like:

save e(b) /path/for/the/file/filename.ext
matrix save e(b) /path/for/the/file/filename.ext

but I have not found any such thing.  Any assistance is greatly