Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: perform Poisson simulations

From   Zhiqiang Feng <>
Subject   st: perform Poisson simulations
Date   Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:09:52 +0100

Dear all,

I try to do Poisson simulations using STATA.

Firstly I fit Poisson model with the observed values.

Poisson y x1, x2, ...xn

predict yhat, n.

The I try to derive Poisson random numbers using the predicted values as means.

However, I can not find a way to derived Poisson random numbers in STATA. I do find a similar function in SAS (ranpoi) though. I also know there is such a function in GLIM.

I am grateful if someone could make some suggestions.

* For searches and help try: