From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Methods for selection bias
Date   Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:29:36 +0100

If you are interested in selection bias, you cannot avoid reading Heckman:

Heckman, J. (1979) `Sample selection bias as a
specification error', Econometrica, vol. 47, 1.

Heckman, J. (1990) `Varieties of selection bias',
The American Economic Review, vol. 80, 2.

Carneiro, Hansen and Heckman (2003), `Estimating...', International
Economic Review, May, Vol. 44, No.2

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anders Alexandersson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: st: Methods for selection bias

I would consider -permute- for permutation tests based on Monte Carlo
simulations. What assumptions can you make, e.g., do you have
independent samples (i.e. unmatched data)?

Anders Alexandersson

Privately, Hema replied:
The "non-randomised data" refers to both the sample and the treatment assignment.
On 4/20/06, Anders Alexandersson <> wrote:
Does "non-randomised data" here refer to the sample and/or to the
treatment assignment?