Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Methods for selection bias

From   "Hema Mistry" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Methods for selection bias
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:50:29 +0100

Dear Statalist users,

I was wondering whether you can provide me with some advice or point me in the right direction.  I am trying to find methods which can deal with data that is non-randomised and suffers from selection bias. After searching various databases etc I have come up with the following methods:
1) Regression analyses
2) Propensity score - matching, stratification, regression, classification trees
3) Instrumental variables
4) Sample selection models
5) Two-part models
6) Inverse probability weighting

Before I start using these methods in various datasets I was just wondering whether users are aware of any other methods which I have not identified?
Can you recommend any good text books or key people that maybe I should contact?

Kind regards Hema