st: RE: mata courses?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mata courses?
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:42:14 +0100

You should turn this round. You should make it
clear what kind of course you would most like.
I am pretty clear that there would be some
demand for _advanced_ Mata, but much more
for _introductory_ Mata.

Either way, StataCorp listens, but may not
speak (immediately).

Right now, further extending Mata is more obviously
a priority than teaching it.

I have to guess, Kremlinologically and impertinently,
that a Mata course will be definitely be offered sooner or later,
and it will assume

(1) access to Stata 9

but it will not assume

(2) any previous study of Mata.

My guess is also that some experience of programming
in a C-like language will help a lot.

David Airey