st: mlogit model

From   Andr� Paul <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mlogit model
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:12:38 +0100

Dear all,

The random utility model underlying the multinomial logit model considers the case of one agent having to choose between, say J alternatives.

I have a dataset which gives me the outcome of credit applications by firms: granted or refused by the bank or withdrawn by the firm.
Is there any theoretical problem to apply a multinomial logit estimation to these data, given the fact that there are 2 agents taking decisions: the bank (which refuses or grants the loan) and the firm (which can withdraw the application before the decision is taken)?

Thanks,
Andr�