RE: st: sum of rows in matrix

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: sum of rows in matrix
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:16:11 -0000

Various broader issues are raised by Lucy's post.

First, the Statalist default is to assume that
everyone is using the latest version of Stata.
(If not, then do say so.) On this basis, do
check out Mata for matrix calculations.

Second, starting from the archives is like
deciding how to live one's life from the
contents of problem pages. You will learn a lot, and
most of the advice grows out
of judgement and experience, but -- here Stata is
different from life -- a better sequence is
to use online help, including -search- and -findit-,
and the manual.

In this case,

. search matrix row sum

points again to Mata functions.