Re: st: math fonts/symbols

Subject   Re: st: math fonts/symbols
Date   Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:38:17 -0500

At 10:07 AM 11/12/2005, Alan Neustadtl wrote:
FWIW, I purchased the mathtype equation editor and keep it current and
have never had any problems with it.  I do produce large documents
with lots of equations.
I wonder how much this varies by discipline? Based on what Kit says, it sounds like most Economists use Latex. However, in the Sociology journals I have submitted to, I've never had a request for Latex; they always just want Word or PDF files. I use Word's freebie equation editor all the time; maybe a purist would say my equations look like a grade schooler's, but it has always seemed perfectly functional for my purposes. (At least nobody has ever written me and said they refuse to use my handouts because the equations look so bad!)

I may be wrong, but I suspect there is this small group of the elite who use things like Latex and Unix while the rest of us trudge along with our Word & Windows XP, never realizing all the wonderful things we are missing.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]