Re: st: program not in Stata path

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: program not in Stata path
Date   Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:52:34 +0000

On 11/9/05, Ricardo Ovaldia <> wrote:

> I got it to work by moving the program to the root
> directory c:\ado\personal\. I had place the program in
> the subdirectory c:\ado\personal\genset. I am not sure
> why in the subdirectory it did not work. I'll like to
> save it in the subdirectory. Any thoughts?
Try the following to add the directory permanently to your adopath...

1) Open the file c:\ado\personal\ (If it doesn't exist, create it)

2) Add the following line to the file

adopath + c:/ado/personal/genset

3) Save the file

4) Restart Stata

You will now have c:\ado\personal\genset in your adopath.  It will be
the last directory searched by Stata for the command you are typing.

For more information see -help adopath-