Re: st: Sample size for equivalence trials in Stata

From   Jannik Helweg-Larsen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Sample size for equivalence trials in Stata
Date   Sun, 2 Oct 2005 14:53:45 +0200

Apart from the suggestions by Joseph Coveney, these links may help:

http://www.jhucct.com/CCT/present/SCTMay2004/SCT%20poster.pdf- with a link to
Stata code

the FAQ by Al Feiveson: http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/power.html

There is also the artmenu ado (findit artmenu: SJ5-1 st0013_1.  A menu-driven
facility for complex sample size calculation randomized controlled trials with
a survival or a binary update) which is supposed to provide non-inferiority
sample size, however I haven't quite figured out how- the program does not seem
accept two proportions of the same size..

The equivsize.ado by Philip Ryan is working very well- but should be limited in
situations when proportions are less than 0.2- I wonder if other Stata based
alternatives for calculating sample size  exists for e.g. non-inferiority
studies with small proportions (0.2)?

Jannik Helweg-Larsen, MD
Epidemiafdeling M
Rigshospitalet