RE: RE: st: collapse syntax error

From   Ramani Gunatilaka <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: RE: st: collapse syntax error
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:36:22 +0000

Thanks, Nick and Louis.
About updating to version 8.2.
My computer used to be connected to the Monash Uni network and had a proxy host. But now it is directly connected to the internet so I turned set httpproxyhost off. (I have sent several queries earlier about this while at Monash and got sorted out about needing to set the proxyhost).
But even though I turned the thing off because I have direct broadband access, I can't get through to the website on <findit upadate>. The webpage which tells you how to update executables if you do not have direct access from Stata, has only Stata version 8 born Jan 2003 and not the later versions.
A further problem. This e-mail address  used to be on Statalist but I unsubscribed as I have finished my course at Monash. I then wrote in from my Yahoo account and got myself on the mailing list. Unfortunately, although I get mails from Statalist to the Yahoo account, I can't send any - I have been struggling with collapse for three days. So I got back into my Monash account, subscribed again and managed to send a query from that account. Can someone please explain to me why this should be so?
Sorry this is a long mail - but this internet thing is really bugging me.
Regards,
Ramani