st: Cox Regression

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Cox Regression
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:47:25 +0100

Hi when performing a Cox regression with or without a time dependent
covariate, is a non-significant result in a -stphtest- generally enough
evidence for the assumption of proportional hazard?

If I have multiple covariates, but I'm only interested in one, is it
enough to check only the proportional hazard assumption of the variable
I'm interested in? ie using the stphtest, detail, rather than stphtest?

Lastly, is it better to use stphtest log, or one of the other option
rather than stphtest if hazard increases over time and most of my
participants 'died' early during the observation period?

Thanks a lot for any answer.

Tim