RE: st: GLLAMM question

From   "Hochman, Tsivia" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: GLLAMM question
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:26:28 -0400

Thanks for the quick response.
I am trying to run a multilevel logistic regression model.  There are 8
dichotomous level-1 variables and 7 dichotomous level-2 variables.  I
would like to obtain odds ratios for all level-1 and level-2 variables.
Presently, I am only able to obtain this information for the fixed

. eq lev_2: var1_2 var2_2 var3_2 var4_2 var5_2 var6_2 var7_2
. xi: gllamm outcome var1_1 var2_1 var3_1 var4_1 var5_1 var6_1 var7_1,
i(idnum)  geqs(lev2)

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: st: GLLAMM question

the option eqs defines the factor loading for your random factors. The
first loading is by default set to one. If you don't want the default,
specify the frload option. Exactly how to specify the model will depend
exactly what you want, so if you give more detail, I may be able to give

more help.

"Hochman, Tsivia" <>
Sent by:
19/08/2005 16:37
Please respond to

st: GLLAMM question

I'm running a 2-level model using gllamm.  For the level 1 variables
(fixed effects), STATA produces coefficient estimates, standard errors
p-values.  However, STATA only produces variance and covariance
for the level 2 variables (random effects).  Is it possible to obtain
coefficients estimates and p-values for the random effect component of
this model?  HLM6 generates such output.