Re: st: read text file with multiple spaces

From   Daniel Egan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: read text file with multiple spaces
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:02:12 -0400

Hi Yu,

Perhaps as if not more succint is to open the text file in a text
editor, and replace every instance of "  " (that was two spaces) with
" " (one space).

You may have to do it until a message comes up that
- -no instances of "  " (2 spaces) could be found--

This assumes that you do not have a string variable (for example an ID
variable) that has two spaces within it which are meaningful, such as
"ABCD  EFG HIJK".

Thats the only caveat I can think of.

Best,

Dan