st: merging data sets

From   Melissa Bain <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: merging data sets
Date   Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Sorry for the incredibly beginner question, but I am having a hard time merging data sets
from Excel.  2 different scenarios....

1.  I have individual patient data on separate Excel spread sheets.  I have already saved
them as text delimited and then saved each patient as a separate Stata data set, but
cannot seem to merge them.  Is it "append" instead?

2.  Another data set is from parks that we evaluated, with 2 separate evaluation areas.
One was visitor interviews, and second was investigator measurements.  The common
"variable" (for lack of a better term, since I'm a newbie) is the park name.

I am excited about using this program, but I can't even get passed this first problem!!!!

Thanks,

Melissa Bain

Melissa Bain, DVM, DACVB
Companion Animal Behavior Program