st: appended datasets and trying to drop variables

From   Suzy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: appended datasets and trying to drop variables
Date   Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:24:42 -0400

Dear Statalistmembers,

I've appended 2 datasets with identical variables (columns). I'm trying to drop certain variables, but notice that it duplicates my observations/IDs. Although both datasets have identical variables, the second dataset has only (.) missing values of the variable. I'm not sure if that should affect my ability to drop variables. Is there a quick fix with this? I'm using Stata 9.0.

Thank you for your help,
Suzy
*
* For searches and help try: