Re: st: RE: Docking and floating windows

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Docking and floating windows
Date   Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:52:17 -0400

At 10:30 AM 6/27/2005, you wrote:

But, I am not sure why this is an issue - at least with my current configuration, viewing windows show up on my bottom tool bar. So, I have a viewing window open, I click on results, viewing window disappears, I click on viewer and it comes back. In other words I can't minimize it, which I suppose would be nice, but it gets covered up by other windows when I am not using it.

This is exactly what I *don't* want. I want to be able to open up a viewer with, say, the help file for a command. I then want to be able to start typing in the command window, while still having the viewer window visible. But then I want to be able to minimize and/or put the viewer behind the results window at a later point, so I can see the results.

I also like to do this with graphs, but that's easy--they float on top, but have a "minimize" button to get them out of the way when I want to.

Nicholas Winter 607.255.8819 t
Assistant Professor 607.255.4530 f
Department of Government e
308 White Hall w