st: RE: Using results from correlation matrices to pinpoint variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Using results from correlation matrices to pinpoint variables
Date   Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:45:49 +0100

It sounds as if the heart of this is something like
this

qui foreach x of var v4-v60 {
	local whichvar
	local highestr = 0
	foreach y of var v1-v3 {
		corr `x' `y'
		if r(rho) > 0.75 & r(rho) > `highestr' {
			local highestr = r(rho)
			local whichvar `y'
		}
	}