Re: st: RE: Date + Time of Day

From   "Eric G. Wruck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Date + Time of Day
Date   Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:49:55 -0400

Ok, I see that StatTransfer did exactly what you describe.  I guess if I want to tabulate transactions by date I'll have to create a separate date field that holds the integer portion of the date -- right?

Thanks,

Eric

>As an alternative to Joseph's ODBC suggestion... If you have StatTransfer, then you can bring the data into Stata with -inputst- and this will bring the date/time field in as a numeric daily date with a fractional part representing the time.
>
>For example 6pm today would be 16602.75
>
>The only problem with this is that Stata has no date/time display format, so with %d display format this would just show "15jun2005".
>
>David

       Eric G. Wruck
       Econalytics
       2535 Sherwood Road