Re: st: predict after svy logit

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: predict after svy logit
Date   Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:04:20 -0500

At 10:42 AM 6/15/2005 -0400, Schonlau, Matthias wrote:
Dear stata listers:

In version 9, When I use predict after " svy: logit" the predicted probabilities range from roughly 0.8 to greater than 2.0. I don't understand this. When predicting in Version 8.0 (under version control) I get predictions that are credible. The survey logistic regression give the same coefficients for both version 8.0 and version 9.0 , the problem is only the prediction.

Below an example with partial output. Any suggestions ?
I replicate both on this and on another data set. It looks like it is giving xb instead of pr, i.e.

predict temp2, pr
predict temp3, xb

both yield the same results. Looks like a bug to me.

At least for now, you can work around it by doing the calculation yourself, e.g

gen temp4 = exp(temp2)/(1+exp(temp2))

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227