Antwort: st: numbering observations

From   "Hans J. Baumgartner" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Antwort: st: numbering observations
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:34:38 +0200

I am not sure what you attempt to do but I'd generate the count variable
by the following lines:

1) make sure that date is formated into a "Stata-date" check [U]27.
2)
sort dw date
by dw: gen count=_n if dw=="friday"

I hope this helps anyway