Re: st: RE: mlogit question.

From   "Richard. Williams" <Richard.A.Williams.5@nd.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: RE: mlogit question.
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:31:58 -0500

At 09:59 AM 4/15/2005, Anna-Cristina.DADDIO-DEVAUX@oecd.org wrote:
yes,
you should use the option basecategory(#) after the command
mlogit depvar [indepvars] [weight] [if exp] [in range] ,  basecategory(#)
anna
I've always found mlogit's practice of using the most frequent category as the base category a little annoying. It is easy enough to override, but it would be nice to be able to say something like basecategory(last) for when you want to use the last category as the base but don't happen to remember what its value is. It would also be nice if you could permanently set it to go with the first or the last value, as I'm always forgetting to override the default behavior.

Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227