st: the Sargan test

From   "Rateb Abu-Sharia" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: the Sargan test
Date   Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:20:42 +1000 (EST)

Dear Sir/Madam:

In reference to GMM methods in STATA8 (Arellano and Bond model,
xtabond), I am trying to introduce instrumental variables to fix the
endogeneity problem caused by fixed and random effects regressions.

I have a question concerning the Sargan test of over-identifying
restrictions after using the recommended two-step specification, I find
the Sargan test for all cases in my study with p-value equal 1
suggesting not to reject the over-identifying restrictions, as follows:

Sargan test of over-identifying restrictions:
         chi2 (90) = 0.00      Prob > chi2 = 1.0000

However, Does it �P-value equal one� means that I am working on the
right practice of the �Sargan test� or is there any problem with this P-
value? If any, could you give me please your advice to which value
should I rely on? I look forward to your response.

Your cooperation would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rateb Abu-Sharia
School of Economics & Finance
University of Western Sydney