st: RE: twoway, legend(off)

From   "David Harrison" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: twoway, legend(off)
Date   Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:45:04 +0100

tw (sc y date) (line fv date) , by(city, legend(off))

As stated in the manual and help for the legend option (although you may have to hunt for it), when using -by()- anything that affects the location of the legend (which includes turning it off altogether) must go inside the -by()- whereas anything that affects the content goes outside.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Dear []
Sent: 14 April 2005 07:34
Subject: st: twoway, legend(off)

I am making a set of ordinary graphs of data plus fitted values:

tw (sc y date) (line fv date) , legend(off) by(city)

But the legend(off) option is ignored. I suspect that this is because
legend() is merged-implicit, and the by() option must be issuing a legend
option of its own which overrides mine (if I omit -by(city)- then the
legend disappears).

Does anyone know how I can give the legend a myth?