Re: st: Question about Stata 9 licence

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Question about Stata 9 licence
Date   Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:02:19 -0500

Patrick Joly ([email protected]) asked about licensing Stata for
use on dual platforms:
> suppose you have a dual-boot system such as a laptop running
> both Win32 and Linux, is there an option or license package
> that would allow the user to run Stata under both OSs?

> I was told by a sales rep a month or two ago that there was an
> additional fee or licence option (for single-user licences) that
> would allow one to use Stata under both operating systems -- provided
> only one instance of Stata is used at any time.

Special types of licenses such as the one mentioned above are possible,
but the details are something which it is far safer for our sales
department to deal with than for we mere technical types on Statalist
to attempt to answer!  The answer Patrick received from our sales department
for Stata 8 still holds true for Stata 9.  I believe pricing would
depend on several factors, including type of license and whether this
was being done as a new purchase or an upgrade from a Stata 8.

So, for such questions, it is probably best to send an inquiry
directly to [email protected] describing exactly what is desired
so that the details can be explained.

I will have someone contact Patrick about his particular license
request.

Alan
([email protected])