st: standard deviations in svy commands

From   "Robert Bozick" <>
Subject   st: standard deviations in svy commands
Date   Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:02:03 -0400

Hello Stata users --

I am analyzing data that was collected using a clustered, stratified design. I am using the svy commands in stata to produce descriptive statistics:

svyset [pweight=wt], strata (strat) psu (school)

svymean x1, by(sex)

When using the svymean command, is there any way to produce the standard deviation adjusted for the design of the survey? I am able to get a standard error, but not the strandard deviation.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now!

* For searches and help try: