RE: st: question about udpate

From   "b. water" <>
Subject   RE: st: question about udpate
Date   Sat, 02 Apr 2005 13:56:36 +0000

this could also be caused by proxy setting within stata if your machine sat behind a network (e.g. university or hospital setting).

check this compilation of messages:

hope this is useful

From: Ed Levitas <>
To: "''" <>
Subject: st: question about udpate
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:02:50 -0600

Hello Statalisters,

I have recently installed Stata 8 on a new computer and am attempting to
update ado's and the executable.  Upon typing "update all" (after update
query) I recieved the following message in the midst of the ado update
process (this is my third attempt without success at updating all on this
new computer):

file not found
server says file temporarily redirected to

Does anyone have suggestions/comments about what I need to do to
successfully update the ado's and executable?

thanks in advance
*   For searches and help try:
On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there!

* For searches and help try: