st: question about udpate

From   Ed Levitas <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: question about udpate
Date   Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:02:50 -0600

Hello Statalisters,

I have recently installed Stata 8 on a new computer and am attempting to
update ado's and the executable.  Upon typing "update all" (after update
query) I recieved the following message in the midst of the ado update
process (this is my third attempt without success at updating all on this
new computer):

file not found
server says file temporarily redirected to

Does anyone have suggestions/comments about what I need to do to
successfully update the ado's and executable?

thanks in advance