st: question about udpate

From   roland andersson <>
Subject   st: question about udpate
Date   Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:17:47 +0200 (CEST)

I had the same problem. Worked out OK if I updated the
executable first. Probably a bug in the original
executable which cannot update the ado's.

Roland Andersson

Ed levitas wrote

I have recently installed Stata 8 on a new computer
and am attempting to
update ado's and the executable.  Upon typing "update
all" (after update
query) I recieved the following message in the midst
of the ado update
process (this is my third attempt without success at
updating all on this
new computer):

not found
server says file temporarily redirected to

Does anyone have suggestions/comments about what I
need to do to
successfully update the ado's and executable?

thanks in advance