st: Re: markov routine

From   Brigitte Granville <>
Subject   st: Re: markov routine
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:14:53 +0100

can somebody explain me how to apply the markov routine by giving an example. I did not find the help file very helpful

Nick Cox wrote:

In addition, these plots have _often_ been discussed
on Statalist and various non-official solutions
touted. Searching on "detonator plots" will give
one way in without too many false positives.
Michael Blasnik

-help standard error bar -

points you directly to serrbar as well as the ucla web site. I don't think
that your effort qualifies as looking thoroughly, so I guess we can blame
you ;)

Sascha Robert

This time I really can't blame me for not having looked
thoroughly for a

solution, I consulted both STATA help (graph bar) and "A
Visual Guide to

Stata Graphics" by M. Mitchell...

Is there a way to display standard errors in bar plots (e.g. with
something like 'twoway rcap hi low y_var')?
Here's a lousy sketch of what I mean:

- <-- (mean + se)
| | |
| - | <-- (mean - se)