Re: st: standard error for estimated risk difference from logit model

From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: standard error for estimated risk difference from logit model
Date   Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:12:10 +0900

Tim Wade wrote:

I have estimated probabilities for two groups (e.g., exposed and
unexposed)  using the "adjust" command after a logistic regression,
holding several other covariates to their mean or other specified
values. The main exposure varies among individuals and is continuous.
I would like to estimate the risk difference for these each individual
(p_exposed-p_unexposed) and the  confidence limit for this estimate.
P_unexposed is constant for all unexposed. The risk difference is no
problem, simply p_exposed-p_unexposed but I can't  figure out how to
get the confidence limits or standard error. A partial line listing of
the predicted values follows, xse is the standard error of the linear
predictor (not of the probability). The only other option I could
think of would be to manually input the mean and other values get the
estimates and their ci's using predictnl. Does anyone have any other

Why not get them directly by changing the link function?

Currently:  -glm . . . , family(binomial) link(logit)-

Recommendation:  -glm . . . , family(binomial) link(identity)-

Joseph Coveney