Re: st: profhap error

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: profhap error
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:49:50 +0000

Hi Paolo,

I tried sending this to the list earlier, but haven't seen it surface
on the other side yet, so thought I'd send it direct....

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:04:14 +0100, Dott. Paolo Grillo
<> wrote:
> I have run the program -profhap- both in Stata Version 8.2 and Version
> 7, but in any case I received (after ten minutes of program running) the
> follow messagge:
> *variable z_ not found
> r(111);*
> I would ask why and how I can resolve this error.
> I did not have any problem with "hapipf" program.
> Thank in advance
> Paolo Grillo
> PS: I wrote to Adrian Mander (the  author of the program), but his email
>, that I found at the end of  the program
> itself, is not active anymore, I guess

I can't offer any insight in the cause and/or solution of this error,
however I do know that Adrian Mander now works for Glaxo-Smithkline
(after seeing him give a talk recently)

A search of the Statalist archives reveals an alternative email
address, whether its currently valid I do not know, see...