st: Where to save non-standard Stata files (those -rfl- needs)

From   "Dankwart Plattner" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Where to save non-standard Stata files (those -rfl- needs)
Date   Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:42:41 +0100

Having just learned that there are Stata users who do not have a
PERSONAL directory, or whose PERSONAL codeword references a
non-existent directory (see my message -rfl- (a recent files list for
Stata): some clarification, reproduced below), I'd like to ask whether it would make sense
to save the files -rfl- needs (rfl.log and some *.idlg files), which are
currently saved to the PERSONAL directory, to another
directory which should be present on every user's computer,
like e.g. plus\r (this one must exist if one was able to install -rfl-).
Or can you see any undesired side-effects?

Thank you
Dankwart Plattner