st: RE: nonsense category in ordered logit

From   "E. Michael Foster" <foster@pop.psu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: RE: nonsense category in ordered logit
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:52:03 -0500

That was my intuition, too, but I was a little fuzzy on the test to use.
I couldn't convince myself that the models were nested
thanks,
michael

From   "Nick Cox" <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: nonsense category in ordered logit
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:41:59 -0000

By showing that -logit- with two and -ologit-
with three give essentially equivalent results?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk