Re: st: Re: Unwanted pause after -shell- in do-file

From   David Kantor <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Unwanted pause after -shell- in do-file
Date   Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:12:07 -0500

Another couple of thougths:

This may be a matter of XP finding memory space to run the command. And if you have used up a lot with Stata (and other applications), it may be shuffling memory or using virtual memory. Try doing it while Stata is using a small amount of memory, and see if that makes a difference.

I just tried it on WIN 2000, with no problem. It may possibly work better on my "less-advanced" system.