Re: st: Re: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:10:20 -0000

I guess you have three groups in your sample: cancerA, cancerB and other. You can fit an -mlogit- with these three categories to see if the independent variables have a different effect upon the likelihood of showing a particular disease.

Once you have the coefficients into a single -mlogit- it is relatively easy to test Ho. of equality in parameters.

I hope this helps,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ricardo Ovaldia" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: st: Re: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations

--- "R.E. De Hoyos" <> wrote:

According to the Statalist archives you have asked
this question before
(30/Aug/04) and received several informed replies.
Did I miss something?
The difference is that in that situation I wanted to
compare coefficients computed from the same model(same
outcome & IV)applied to two different populations. For
my current question I have the same independent
variables but the outcome variables is different. Two
different cancers, same control group.

I thing this is different, but I am not sure. Also, I
was wondering if -mhodds- would work in this case.
Note that I have both continuous and discrete

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.