st: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   st: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:43:23 -0800 (PST)

Dear _all
I though I read something about this subject on
statalist but I could not find it in the archives.

I have fitted two logistic regression models using the
same control population and covariates on two
different groups of cancer patients. I am interested
in comparing the OR obtained for smoking in the two
models. They were both significant at 0.05, but I want
to test if they are the same for the two models.

Anyway to do this in Stata?

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK