st: Re: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:19:36 -0000

According to the Statalist archives you have asked this question before (30/Aug/04) and received several informed replies.

Did I miss something?

R.E. De Hoyos
Faculty of Economics
University of Cambridge

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ricardo Ovaldia" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 6:43 PM
Subject: st: comparing OR (coefficients) across equations

Dear _all
I though I read something about this subject on
statalist but I could not find it in the archives.

I have fitted two logistic regression models using the
same control population and covariates on two
different groups of cancer patients. I am interested
in comparing the OR obtained for smoking in the two
models. They were both significant at 0.05, but I want
to test if they are the same for the two models.

Anyway to do this in Stata?

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK