st: Royston's mvis ado and version questions

From   "Dave Purcell" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Royston's mvis ado and version questions
Date   Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:21:13 -0400

A few questions:

1) I just installed Patrick Royston's mvis ado (and related files) and
tried to run it, but I'm getting a "version 8 not supported" error. Is
it safe to assume I can't use this with the version 7 I'm running (Born
08 Aug 2001)?

2) If I can't run mvis, is there a way to do multiple imputation in
version 7?

3) Is there a way to tell if an ado file requires a certain version?
I've looked through the FAQs and haven't come across an answer.

I'm new to Stata so I appreciate your help.

Dave Purcell
doctoral student, sociology
University of Cincinnati