Re: st: RE: prtest and fweights

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: prtest and fweights
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:18:57 -0500

At 12:53 PM 9/22/2004 +0100, Ronán Conroy wrote:
Nick Cox wrote:

I can't comment on why not. I guess no one asked, or no one thought of doing it.
For the moment,
preserve expand
prtest restore

But beware of -expand-. If an observation represents a zero frequency, it will be retained. You will see a warning but it's a behaviour that you might not have anticipated.

I transcribe tables from papers that I am reviewing into Stata frequently, to cross-check stats, and it's easy to transcribe a zero without remembering that this will create a single observation in the expanded dataset.
Thanks Nick. And good point, Ronan, I'd overlooked that problem, mostly because I don't think I've encountered it before. Another alternative is to use -prtesti-, which might be the quickest and simplest thing if, as you say, you were transcribing a table and the only thing you wanted to do was run -prtest- on it. But adding weights to -prtest- would seem like a simple enough thing to do.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu