st: Michaelis-Menten and regression

From   Simon Moore <>
Subject   st: Michaelis-Menten and regression
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:14:31 +0100

I have a reasonably simple hypothesis that the form of relationship
between the independent variable (x) and the dependent variable (y)
follows the Michaelis-Menten rational function, f(x) = ax/(1+bx).  I
want to have this in a regression model with the cluster() option: reg
y f(x) V, cluster().  But I can't see a way of achieving this and
having reg solve for a and b.  I thought maybe a power expansion of
f(x) might work, but this does not seem appropriate.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Simon Moore