Re: st: RE: prtest and fweights

From   Ronán Conroy <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: prtest and fweights
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:53:54 +0100

Nick Cox wrote:

I can't comment on why not. I guess no one asked, or no one thought of doing it.
For the moment,
preserve expand prtest restore

But beware of -expand-. If an observation represents a zero frequency, it will be retained. You will see a warning but it's a behaviour that you might not have anticipated.

I transcribe tables from papers that I am reviewing into Stata frequently, to cross-check stats, and it's easy to transcribe a zero without remembering that this will create a single observation in the expanded dataset.

Ronan M Conroy ( Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics Royal College of Surgeons Dublin 2, Ireland +353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764) -------------------- Just say no to drug reps

* For searches and help try: