st: RE: RE:xtpcse vs. xtpcse, noconstant

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE:xtpcse vs. xtpcse, noconstant
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:07:32 +0100

Sounds risky to me.

As said, the R^2 is just not a guide to model
merit in this case. Otherwise I clearly can't
comment on your results, but I'd advise seeking out

e.g.

John A. Nelder. 1998.
The Selection of Terms in Response-Surface Models
-How Strong is the Weak-Heredity Principle?
The American Statistician 52(4): 15-318.

and following references from there.

carambas