Re: st: unable to install patches

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: unable to install patches
Date   Wed, 26 May 2004 19:29:03 -0500

At 04:03 PM 5/26/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all,
I am unable to access the internet through STATA because of firewall ( the settings can not be altered). I downloaded ivreg2.ado in the C:\ado folder (which is in adopath) and manually saved it as an .ado file using notepad.
However when I try to call it, I get an error message "unrecognozed command". I am having the same difficulty with outreg and xtabond2.
Can anyone please tell me how I can install these and other user written codes without having to type
. ssc install ivreg2 in STATA.
My laptop cannot access the internet from within Stata for some reason while my desktop can. What I do is copy C:\ado from one machine onto the other. For that matter, I periodically also copy C:\Stata8 from one machine to the other too.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu