Re: st: unable to install patches

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: unable to install patches
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 10:42:45 +0100

> Hi all,
> I am unable to access the internet through STATA because of firewall
> ( the settings can not be altered). I downloaded ivreg2.ado in the
> C:\ado folder (which is in adopath) and manually saved it as an .ado
> file using notepad. However when I try to call it, I get an error
> message "unrecognozed command". I am having the same difficulty with
> outreg and xtabond2. Can anyone please tell me how I can install these
> and other user written codes without having to type . ssc install
> ivreg2 in STATA. Thanks in advance, Jeffry Jacob
Whilst c:\ado\ is indeed an ado path it has several subdirectories which is where Stata
looks for the Do-files. and I think it is within hone of these that you want to place the
relevant files.

The package ivreg2 is an 'offical' do file from the Stata Journal (3-1), so you shold
probably place the files in....

Alternatively you could place the files anywhere you want on your computer and add the
directory to your system dir (see -man sysdir- for more information)

Hope that helps

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)